Terms and Conditions
Note: Please don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions or concerns about the terms below. We are sometimes able to modify terms for a client who lets us know in advance of any special requirements.
Terms of Service
- Standard 3-7 Day Service. While we will most likely recover your files well within 7 business days, this time frame is based on our standard turn-around time. Somewhere between 5-10 percent of drives require extra parts, additional research, or extra labor that could extend the job beyond 7 days. In such cases, we can either keep working to recover your files or simply return the drive to you at no cost. Jobs completed past 7 days are normally charged the regular invoice amount less any previously issued discounts unless the client requests a refund before the job is complete.
- Expedited Service. If your files are not recovered within two business days, your files will be recovered as quickly as possible and you will be billed for the standard 5-7 day service once recovery is complete.
- Student Rate. Available to full-time undergraduate and graduate students taking at least 12 credits/units in the current quarter/semester. A copy of your student ID and class schedule is required.
- Files to be recovered: The sum of all files the client requests to be recovered. Unless otherwise specified at the start of the job, this is all files that are supposed to be the device.
- Full recovery: At least 95% of the files to be recovered are recovered and function normally.
- Partial recovery: Between 50% and 94% of the files to be recovered are recovered and function normally. Fees for partial recoveries are discounted by a percentage equal to the percentage of files to be recovered that could not be recovered.
- Unsuccessful recovery: Less than 50% of the files to be recovered are recovered and function normally. There is no fee for Unsuccessful Recoveries even if some files were recovered.
- Previous work: Devices that have undergone previous work are subject to an additional, non-refundable fee of $100. Previous work is defined as any attempt to physically repair or diagnose the physical integrity of the device. Evidence of previous work includes a deliberately removed outer casing, soldering marks, etc. Determining if previous work has been performed is left to the discretion of the technician.
- The client authorizes FlashDrivePros LLC to attempt to recover all data from the client's storage device using any and all means at the engineer's disposal.
- The client authorizes FlashDrivePros LLC employees and officers to view, in the course of the job, the data, files and information stored on the device unless a specific, written non-access/no-view agreement specifying this requirement has been signed in advance by a FlashDrivePros LLC officer. Please email us at email@example.com or call 888.806.6567 if you require an NDA or other agreement.
Understanding of the Condition of Media Device
- The client acknowledges that any data that may have been stored on the media device is considered lost until is has been recovered. FlashDrivePros LLC makes no guarantee that the client’s data will be recovered.
- The client understands that some procedures used to recover his or her data may cause permanent damage to the storage media and make recovery impossible.
- The client will indemnify and hold harmless FlashDrivePros LLC, its officers, and employees for any direct or indirect damages including but not limited to loss of data, loss of revenue, damaged reputation, incidental or consequential, before, during or after the recovery attempt is performed.
Return shipping for non-recoverable and partially recoverable media
- Media deemed non-recoverable or partially recoverable will be returned to the client free of charge via USPS First Class Mail. Shipping outside the United States, other shipping methods, delivery confirmation, insurance and other options will be provided upon request but are to be paid for by the client. Free return shipping only applies to USB flash drives, camera cards, SD cards, and microSD cards. Return shipping for all other media types including, but not limited to, hard drives, RAID arrays, SSDs, and phones are the client's responsibility. If the client wishes to have a fully recovered device returned, shipping fees apply.
- Under no circumstances is FlashDrivePros LLC, its officers, and employees to be held responsible or considered liable for devices damaged or lost in the mail.
- FlashDrivePros LLC is deeply committed to the privacy and security of each of it's clients and follows strict security protocols to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of the client’s data and information. If a FlashDrivePros LLC employee comes across what appears to be evidence of the abuse of children in any form, we will notify the authorities.
- By filling out the Service Request and Payment Preauthorization form, you authorize FlashDrivePros LLC to charge your credit card or PayPal account the total amount of the invoice as soon as your files have been recovered.
- FlashDrivePros LLC offers a full refund to clients who are unsatisfied with our products. We also offer a full refund on data recovery services when the client's files are not recovered within 7 business days or recovery is obviously incomplete. Processing of refunds can take up to 3-5 business days. Please notify us if this takes longer. For unsuccessful data recovery attempts on devices that have undergone previous recovery attempts, or devices sent from another data recovery service provider, a non-refundable fee of up to $100 may be charged.
- Cancellations made after an order has been placed but before any work has begun are subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made after work has begun, within 7 business days, and before the delivery of recovered files are subject to a fee up to the full price of the recovery service ordered.
- Cancellation requests for completed recovery jobs will not be honored.
Get Customer Support
U.S. Data Recovery Lab &
European Data Recovery Lab
1425 Broadway #552
Seattle, WA 98122
Bautzner Landsrt 92b
Asian Data Recovery Lab &
International Corporate Offices
PO Box 77
Chiang Mai 50000